Thursday, July 1, 2010

Loving Kindness and My Mental Workout!

We get what we give!

Showing kindness - this begins the process of human loving kindness. This idea is simple but profound. There are few things that we can all give to each other on this planet that do not cost a single penny and yet can give the receiver a peaceful moment in time. Loving kindness is such a thing. After listening to the Dacher CD this week, I will say that my outlook on the world is now a bit rose tinted. I have more love to give in my heart after listening to this recording.

Everyone in the world should have to listen to this recording at least once a week. It would greatly improve our planets humanity if we could only take twenty minutes each week and focus on loving kindness. How wonderful our world would be if we could! To take the focus off of oursevles and our perceived stresses of our own lives and move that focus to being kind, mindful and our actions toward others, and holding each other closer to our inner self... this is what makes the world go around.

_______________________________________________

Working our our minds!

Working out our minds is yet another part of human flourishing. Practicing with our subtle mind is a tool to move from our second level to our third level of development according to C.G. Jung. In order to make this movement from just observing our psychospiritual self into an actual intentional action of psychospiritual self, we must practice within a safe mental workout. The second track from this week's Dacher CD takes us on that practice.

In order to accomplish this type of transition from observance to intentional spiritual growth, we must look to a professional holistic healer. It is not good enough to utilize a professional from just one of the human flourishing quadrants. We must look to someone who has mastered the quadrants themselves and can guide us in our own mental workouts.

____________________________________________________

In my own personal growth, this type of conversation (blog) would not have even been possible until obtaining the knowledge base that I now have because of my course at Kaplan University. I am in awe just sitting back and thinking about how blind I was prior to taking this course. It is funny but I am not the only person that is benefiting from this new found knowledge either; my family is as well! I share my discoveries each week with my family and friends and they are learning with me. I would call this "sharing my mental workout" to stimulate their human flourishing as well. How cool is that?!

Until next week peeps!

6 comments:

  1. Mickey, your comment about everyone listening to this exercise once a week was perfectly wonderful. I know in some Buddhist groups, they chant for world peace regularly. Your comment reminded me of this. I am thrilled for you in your discovery of your own personal growth. This is such a joyful and exhilarating feeling. Go with it and continue to share it; this is one important way the world can heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love reading your posts. They are always insightful and your enthusiasm is contagious! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make a great point, about this exercise taking the focus off us, and projecting it on to someone else. That is a very powerful thing, when I was going through the exercise I was tired and had just gotten done with work, I did the exercise because I had to do it for class, not so much because I wanted to, and my focus was not really on the exercise. After having read your post, I almost feel guilty for not getting more out of it. I will have to try it again so I can really concentrate. Great Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mickey,

    Your post is wonderful! Very well written. You have great insights about the loving kindness exercise. I always liked the ideas of C.G. Jung.

    Jung seems to be a little more holistic than some of the other psychologists/pychiatrists of his time! It's great that you have people learning along with you. Sharing makes many things more precious. 8-) Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mickey,
    I too feel that I have gained as much in this class as many others combined. We are learning lessons that we can carry with us and utilize on anyone around us who is in need. I have found an inner peace that I wasn't aware of. Early morning is the best time for me as my home is quiet and I can focus. I try to have a particular person in mind when practicing Loving Kindness, I find my time beter utilized when I go into it prepared.
    Great job with your blog and best of luck with your exercises!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mickey,
    I enjoy reading your post about Loving-Kindness and Mental Workout. You are a very helpful person, whenever we have to read and blog about this psyco,spiriual stuff, I know I can depend on your blog to be through, complete, and timely with an open minded response, you have helped me learn in so many ways. Thank U for being U. LT

    ReplyDelete